Now Hiring Welders
Position: Fitter Welder
Description: Fit up and weld structure steel, piping and vessels according to blueprints and isometric drawings. Assemble skids, process equipment such as heat exchangers, pumps vessels and pipe as needed. Fabricate and assemble any and all equipment manufactured at PRI. Other duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities & Functions:
- Exercise safe working practices in all activities
- Read and interpret blueprints, process flow diagrams, sketches and product specifications
- Layout and fit up structure steel, vessels and piping
- Use pipe rollers, welding positioners, cranes, forklifts and other heavy duty fabrication equipment
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations for mounting units, using hand tools and drill press
- Squares, aligns, and assemblies values, piping spools, or equipment structural components, on floor or structural skid, using jacks, clamps, squares, plumb line and tape measure
- Attaches cabinets, motor and generator sets, and other components to mounting holes with bolts and screws, using wrenches, screwdrivers, and nut runners
- Uses hacksaw, band saw, pipe cutters, and mechanical or hydraulic pipe benders.
- Welding certificate from a technical college, or equivalent experience
- Experience with fitting and welding from blueprints, using the different welding techniques and handling large parts using cranes, forklifts and positioners
- Experience with MIG, TIG, RMD/Pulse spray methods and SMAW
- Able to pass these tests:
- MIG short arc, hand wire, 6G test on 2” schedule 80 carbon steel pipe and on 4” schedule 80 carbon steel pipe
- Flux core arc welding
- Spray arc welding
- TIG welding
- RMD/Pulse testing
- Ability to read blueprints and weld symbols
- Able to work with hand and power tools such as drills, grinders, bevelers, etc.
- Must be familiar with AWS, ASME and other welding codes and practices
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Flexibility – the demands of the position are widely varied. Must have the ability to shift between jobs and perform in any area of the shop, at any time, as needed.
- Excellent attendance a must – able to work overtime as needed.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices including PPE, power tool safety, ladder and platform safety, powered lift, crane and forklift safety. Applicants must also demonstrate a willingness to embrace personal responsibility for safety on the job.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to inside environment conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Scope of Interface: Work closely with other welders, especially when handling large pieces; work with assembly and finishing team members; work closely with Engineering and project managers.
A World of Opportunity at PRI
PRI employs a vast range of different skilled team members, from engineering, sales, marketing, accounting, to manufacturing careers such as welding, painting, fabrication, assembly and more. As a member of the PRI team, you will receive an excellent wage and benefits package that includes, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical
- Dental and vision reimbursement
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Profit sharing plan through PRI ESOP (PRI is an employee owned company)
- 401-k plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick/personal days
- Flexible health spending account
- Wellness reimbursement
- Recognition opportunities